Babies are very special and they deserve everything that is just as special and delicate as they are including a hair care product.
Using baby shampoo is important because it helps in hair growth and makes it more stronger and softer.
Maintaining a standard hair care regime is the foundation of a healthy hair and that is why it is very important to select the best baby shampoo that cleanses the baby’s hair, softens it and soothes the scalp.
Why to use baby shampoo?
- Baby shampoo makes baby hair stronger.
- It is specifically made for babies and children with ingredients that don’t cause irritation.
List of 7 best baby shampoo in India:
|Best Baby Shampoo in India||Buy on Amazon||Brand|
|1. Himalaya Baby Shampoo||Check on Amazon||Himalaya|
|2. Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo||Check on Amazon||Aveeno|
|3. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic||Check on Amazon||Cetaphil|
|4. Mama Earth Gentle Cleansing shampoo for babies||Check on Amazon||Mama Earth|
|5. Sebamed Baby (children) Shampoo||Check on Amazon||Sebamed|
|6. Mee Mee Mild Baby Shampoo||Check on Amazon||Me n Moms|
|7. Chicco Body Moments Gentle body wash & shampoo||Check on Amazon||Chicco|
This best selling baby shampoo from Himalaya is one of the most standard hair care product in the market and is widely preferred by the mothers.
It is very gentle with mild formulation and effectively cleanses, softens and nourishes your baby’s hair thus leaving it healthy and easy to manage.
This baby shampoo is undoubtedly the best because it is enriched with natural herbs and has received the most positive reviews and an impressive rating of 4.4.
This is the best baby shampoo in India.
Key Features of best baby shampoo in India
- Size: Available as 100 ml, 200 ml and 400 ml
- Material composition: Chickpea, Hibiscus and Khus grass.
- Material free: Paraben.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 0-3 years.
- It is free of paraben and synthetic colours and employs only natural ingredients.
- It is infused with protein-rich chickpea that prevents hair loss, strengthens the hair and is anti-dandruff.
- It also works as a conditioner and softens the hair.
- Presence of paddy is essential for nourishing the hair, thus keeping it healthy.
- Khus grass used in this shampoo has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activity thus effectively soothing the scalp.
- It is mild, gentle and tear-free and provides a clean scalp without any damage.
- It is very easy to use and requires only three steps,i.e. apply, lather and rinse for amazing hairs.
- I haven’t found any significant cons in this product.
This classy baby wash and shampoo from Aveeno is known for its hair and skincare efficiency and is specially formulated for newborns and babies.
It is designed to be used as both shampoo and a body wash and is very effective in treating skin infections.
Recommended by Paediatricians for over 60 years, it is very mild and is specifically made for sensitive skin.
- Size : Available as 532 ml(18oz) and 354ml(12oz).
- Material composition: Extracts of the oat kernel, Glycerin and other substances.
- Material free: paraben, phthalates, dyes and steroids.
- Recommended age: 12 months and up.
- It is infused with the goodness of oat extracts that soothes and nourishes the baby’s hair and softens the skin.
- It is rich in proteins, lipids, vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants which are known to be found in healthy skin.
- Presence of glycerin imparts long-lasting moisturization.
- It is allergy tested.
- It is soap-free which is essential to prevent rough hair and dry skin.
- Its tear-free formula makes it a gentle cleanser that rinses the baby clean from head to toe.
- This product is expensive compared to the other brands but it’s worth a try .
This baby wash and shampoo is medically recommended by paediatricians and is known for its beneficial role in skin eczema in children.
It is specifically formulated to be tear-free for babies and does not cause any burning in the eyes.
Its gentle fragrance is refreshing to the baby and effectively cleanses your baby’s hair and skin. It is advisable to consult your paediatrician before using this shampoo.
- Size : 399ml.
- Material composition: Aloe vera and Calendula extracts, wheat protein and other substances.
- Material free: paraben-free, mineral oil-free and alcohol-free.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 1 month and up.
- Calendula flower extracts have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and wound healing proteins.
- Presence of wheat protein which penetrates the scalp and strengthens the hair.
- Aloe Vera hydrates the skin and provides long-lasting moisturization up to 8 hrs along with healing and antiseptic effects.
- It is also enriched with vitamin E which functions as an antioxidant and also a moisturizer.
- It is hypoallergenic and ph balanced and is safe to use even on a newborn’s skin.
- Besides being a shampoo, it also functions as a body wash.
- Its fragrance might cause allergies to some sensitive babies .
Mama Earth is Asia’s first Made-safe certified toxin-free brand and offers the best, gentle cleansing shampoo for your baby.
It is dermatologically tested and is free of harmful chemicals like paraben and silicone and is rich in bioactives and natural cleansers.
This shampoo is an ideal choice for your baby and effectively cleanses and nourishes the scalp without causing any irritation to the eyes.
- Size: 200 ml and 400 ml.
- Material composition: Purified water, Aloe vera and Calendula extracts, Rich oils of coconut, jojoba and lavender, Vegetable extracts and some less harsh substances.
- Material free: Toxic free.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 0-5 years.
- It is enriched with aloe vera which is rich in antioxidants and acts as an effective moisturizer while simultaneously killing the bacteria.
- Calendula extracts are helpful in preventing dandruff, hydrating the scalp and strengthening the hair.
- The richness of coconut oil fights against inflammation, irritation and dryness.
- Jojoba oil is an effective agent to soothe the scalp and fight hair fall.
- It is tear-free and ph balanced and gives thick, soft and gentle foam which doesn’t irritate your baby’s eye.
- It is hypoallergenic and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Some buyers have found its smell to be annoying.
- This might cause a mild change in hair colour.
This baby shampoo is a sugar-based mild cleanser and is formulated to a pH of 5.5 which fits in the range of natural skin pH.
Its efficiency in hair care is clinically proven and it is very suitable for sensitive scalp and has shown around 93 percent acceptance by the users according to the survey.
It is infused with no tear formula and is free of any harmful chemicals and any irritants that are responsible for rashes and allergies.
- Size : 50 ml, 150 ml and 500ml.
- Material composition: Chamomile flower extracts and other mild cleansing agents.
- Material free: Paraben, formaldehyde, soap-free and scent-free.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 7 months and up.
- A ph of 5.5 prevents lipid and moisture loss and restricts the growth of Malassezia which is responsible for dandruff and helps in optimal hair growth.
- It contains a special botanical ingredient that promotes healthy growth of hair and poses a very low incidence for any type of allergies.
- Chamomile extracts soothe the scalp and wards off any irritation.
- It is soap-free and reduces the risk of skin dryness.
- It is useful in cradle cap, skin disease, and dandruff.
- It is a bit rough on the hair.
- Its external bottle design needs a lit bit more improvement as some of the users have complained of leakage due to a loose dispenser.
This baby shampoo is made with natural fruit extracts and is clinically safe to use on the baby.
It ensures that that baby has a tear-free experience with its mild formulation and does not irritate the eyes.
It is made with the highest safety standards and is very suitable for your baby.
- Size: 200 ml and 500 ml.
- Material composition: natural fruit extracts and other substances.
- Material free: Paraben.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 0-2 years.
- It is enriched with grapefruit extracts that function as both cleanser and deodorant.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- It gently cleanses the scalp and leaves your baby’s hair naturally soft and shiny.
- It leaves a fresh fragrance in the hair for a long time after use.
- It needs improvement in its consistency .
- It is not effective in fighting against hair fall and works only on softening the hair .
This baby shampoo from Chicco is dermatologically tested and is free of Parabens, sls/sles, dyes, alcohol etc.
It is made with vegetarian ingredients and is absolutely tear free and clinically proven safe.
It can be used from head to toe and is effective even on newborn and protects it from rashes, allergies, irritation and redness.
- Size : 100 ml, 200 ml and 500 ml.
- Material composition: oat extracts, glycerin, vegetable origin.
- Material free: paraben, sls/sles, dyes and alcohol.
- Manufacturer recommended age: Newborn and up.
- Omega – 6 fatty acid in oats helps in maintaining healthy hair while its antioxidant property moisturises and soothes the scalp.
- Glycerin prevents moisture loss.
- It is formulated to match the neutral iso – lacriymal ph of the eye to prevent any irritation.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- It doesn’t lather easily and is required in larger quantities to wash off the oil and dirt in the hair.
- Some of the users have found its smell to be too overwhelming.
Buyer’s Guide in selecting best baby shampoo in India
7 things to be kept in mind while selecting the baby shampoo:
- The most vital thing in selecting a baby shampoo is that it should be free of toxins and harmful chemicals.
- It should be mild and gentle on the baby’s skin.
- It is better to select a shampoo void of any dyes or overwhelming scents as it might be allergic to some sensitive babies.
- Make sure that the product is allergy tested.
- Do check out the size and price of the shampoo for a smart and economic choice.
- Make sure that your baby shampoo is tear-free and ph balanced.
5 Important useful tips:
- It is advisable to do a patch test on your baby before using the shampoo to eliminate the possibility of allergies.
- Make sure that the temperature of the water is warm and comfortable.
- Use a small amount of shampoo to massage the baby’s scalp in a gentle circular motion.
- While washing off the shampoo, make sure that you cover the baby’s eyes.
- Always finish bathing your baby in a minimal amount of time.
FAQ of best baby shampoo in India
1. What is an average shelf life of a baby shampoo?
Most of the brands specify its shelf life in the form of manufacturing and expiring dates respectively. However, an opened bottle should be used up within 18 months and an unopened bottle can be used within 3 years.
2. What is the importance of buying a paraben and sulphate free shampoo?
Parabens have been linked in causing hormonal changes and skin irritations whereas sulphates make the hair dry and brittle. Hence it is very vital to select a shampoo free of Parabens and sulphates.
3. What is the appropriate age to start using baby shampoo?
The apt time is around 4 to 6 weeks after birth. However, some brands are also compatible to be used on newborns. You can also refer the manufacturer recommended age of your shampoo.
4. What is the difference between a baby wash and a baby shampoo?
Baby shampoo is formulated to be used on the baby’s scalp and hair. A baby wash is used to cleanse the rest of the body. However, some brands have combined these both to form a single product which can be used from head to toe.
My Final Pick
I would definitely go with Himalaya Baby Shampoo as it offers many promising qualities at a reasonable price.
This product is undoubtedly the best and has received excellent feedback from the customers and is worth buying.
I hope this article has helped you in choosing the best baby shampoo. Do tell us in comments about your ideal choice and feel free to ask any queries.
We are also available on Instagram. DM us for immediate response.