A baby’s skin is soft and sensitive and needs tender care. It is easily prone to skin infections, irritation, redness and rashes especially in the diaper area.
A diaper rash is usually caused due to prolonged exposure of the skin to a soiled diaper, moisture, bacterial and fungal infections etc.
It makes the baby uncomfortable and fussy. Hence it is advisable to use appropriate diaper cream to prevent and heal them.
what is diaper rash cream? diaper rash cream uses?
- Diaper cream is designed with specialised ingredients such as zinc oxide and an emollient like petrolatum.
- It forms an effective barrier between the skin and the irritants and provides a soothing effect.
- It also provides healing against chapped skin, irritation, redness and itching.
List of 7 best diaper rash cream in India :-
|Best diaper rash cream in India||Buy on Amazon||Brand|
|1. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment||Check on Amazon||Aquaphor|
|2. Boudreaux’s Paste Diaper Rash Ointment||Check on Amazon||Boudreaux’s |
|3. Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream||Check on Amazon||Himalaya|
|4. Sebamed Baby Rash Cream||Check on Amazon||Sebamed|
|5. B4 Nappi Cream||Check on Amazon||B4 Nappi|
|6. Cetaphil Baby Diaper Cream||Check on Amazon||Cetaphil|
|7. Pigeon Baby Diaper Rash Cream||Check on Amazon||Pigeon|
1. Aquaphor Healing Ointment (best diaper rash cream in India)
This diaper rash cream is from an international brand, Aquaphor. It is one of the best Paediatrician recommended product and can be applied liberally without any adverse effects.
It is quality tested, gentle on the baby’s skin and relieves the diaper rashes within six hours.
This cream is the best because it is multifunctional with many positive reviews and has a fabulous rating of 4.9 and is worth every penny!
This is the best diaper rash cream in India right now.
Key Features of best diaper rash cream in India
- Size: 3oz and 7oz.
- Materials used: Panthenol, glycerin and other substances.
- Materials free: Parabens, dyes, fragrances.
- Safety Information: For external use only.
- Presence of panthenol and glycerin imparts moisturization, nourishment and protection to the skin and enhances its healing effect.
- It is multi-purpose and is effective against diaper rashes, drools rashes, chapped skin and even minor wound scratches.
- It is also known for its beneficial role in treating dryness associated with skin eczema.
- It employs the use of 41 per cent petrolatum that facilitates oxygen flow and aids in healing.
- It helps in skin regeneration.
- It is hypoallergenic and is devoid of any kind of preservatives.
- I haven’t found any significant cons in this product.
This high-quality diaper rash cream was specially formulated by a pharmacist and is well known for its effective treatment of diaper rashes.
It has been recommended by Paediatricians for more than 40 years and has received amazing compliments from mothers.
It is relatively safe to use as it excludes the use of toxic chemicals like phthalates, hence reducing the risk of skin damage.
- Size: 4 ounces and 2 ounces.
- Materials used: Zinc oxide, white petrolatum and other less harsh ingredients.
- Materials free: Parabens, preservatives, dyes and talc.
- Safety information: For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not keep it in reach of children to avoid accidental ingestion.
- It uses FDA approved ingredients like 40 per cent zinc oxide that facilitates healing on contact.
- It keeps the skin in the diaper area void of wetness and prevents irritation.
- It forms the thickest skin barrier and is very beneficial against chapped skin.
- It is made with six simple ingredients that are gentle on the skin and provide a soothing effect.
- It is talc-free and hence gets absorbed easily and keeps the skin dry to prevent skin infections.
- It can be used on daily basis and it serves as both prevention and healing cream.
- Some customers have complained about its smell to be annoying and weird.
This Ayurvedic diaper rash cream is infused with the goodness of natural ingredients and has Yashad Bhasma (zinc oxide) that keeps away the rashes.
It is clinically tested and renders the baby’s skin soft and relieves it of rashes, sores, irritation and redness by forming a protective barrier on the skin.
It is quite easy to use and all you have to do is clean and dry the skin and gently apply the cream for promising results. It is the best natural diaper rash cream.
- Size: 20g and 50g.
- Materials used: Almond oil, Yashad Bhasma, Aloe vera, five-leaved Chaste.
- Materials free: Parabens, Mineral oil and synthetic materials.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 0-2 years.
- Safety Information: Not specified.
- Aloe vera present in the cream not only soothes the skin but also acts as a healing agent against wound infections, dermatitis, skin erosions etc.
- Almond oil and vitamin A ensure a soft skin.
- Five leaved Chaste trees impart anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and heal sores and other infections.
- Yashad Bhasma provides effective cooling and keeps the skin void of moisture thus preventing rashes.
- It is hypoallergenic and provides relief from the very first use.
- Its herbal ingredients might not be suitable to some babies with sensitive skin. It is advisable to do a patch test before using this product.
This diaper rash cream from Sebamed is clinically proven to reduce 50 per cent rashes in three weeks.
It is formulated with gentle ingredients that provide soothing effect and relief over irritation, redness etc.
It is safe to use on babies even from the first day of birth and comes with a handy set of instructions to follow while using it.
- Size : 100 ml
- Materials used: titanium dioxide, panthenol, natural beeswax, squalene, sorbitol and other substances.
- Materials free: Parabens, sulfates and fragrance.
- Manufacturer recommended age: 1 month and up.
- Safety Information: Not specified.
- Presence of micronized form of titanium dioxide ensures a protective barrier against irritants.
- Panthenol promotes skin regeneration and healing.
- A complex of natural beeswax, sorbitol and squalene keep the skin optimally hydrated by maintaining an intact lipid layer.
- Allantoin and chamomile extracts soften the skin and facilitate easy absorption.
- It is formulated to a pH value of 5.5 that provides an acidic environment and prevents the entry of germs.
- Its consistency is very sticky thus making it difficult to apply.
- It takes comparatively longer time to heal the rashes.
This diaper rash cream is formulated with zinc oxide which forms a protective barrier on the baby’s skin.
It is safe to use anytime, especially before a diaper change and can also be used on newborn babies.
It has been deemed as the number one choice of Paediatricians in preventing diaper rashes.
- Size : 75g.
- Materials used: zinc oxide, Allantoin, Calendula oil and other substances.
- Materials free: Not specified.
- Safety Information: Keep it away from the reach of children.
- This diaper rash cream does not vanish and persists as a thick white barrier to block out the faecal matter and other irritants.
- Allantoin, an anti-irritant moisturises and soothes the skin and relieves it of any irritation in case the diaper is mistakenly kept for a long time.
- The goodness of calendula oil protects the baby against bacterial infections and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
- It is very gentle on skin and when used on daily basis prevents the recurrence of future rashes.
- It can be applied and wiped off easily without causing any adverse effects on skin.
- Its texture could have been better.
- This diaper rash cream only helps prevent the occurrence of rashes and does not play any role in healing rashes that have already occurred.
This diaper rash cream is specially formulated and is clinically proven to be safe on all skin types.
It is enriched with natural ingredients like chamomile extracts, sunflower seed oil, soya bean oil, shea butter and is also rich in vitamin E.
It is very gentle for everyday use and is very effective against chapped skin.
- Size : 2.5oz.
- Materials used: zinc oxide, glycerin, natural ingredients like extracts of chamomile, sunflower seed and soya bean oils, Shea butter and other substances.
- Materials free: PAMAS free (paraben, animal oil, mineral oil, alcohol, soap).
- Manufacturer recommended age: 2 months to 2 years.
- Safety information: for external use only, keep it out of reach of children.
- Vitamin E prevents any skin damage and helps in effective repair.
- The goodness of Shea butter and glycerin provides long time moisturization.
- It is non-sticky and non-greasy and creates a breathable barrier against wetness.
- Its effective against the diaper rash symptoms like redness, irritation etc and provides overnight relief.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- The quantity in the tube could have been a bit more as many customers have complained it to be merely air-filled.
- Some users might not like its odour.
This baby diaper rash cream is budget friendly and is compatible to be used on sensitive skin.
It is dermatologically tested before use and is free of Parabens and synthetic colours.
This cream is enriched with natural plant extracts and is mildly scented and keeps the skin refreshed.
- Size: 50gm and 100gm.
- Materials used: zinc oxide, plant extracts and other substances.
- Materials free: Parabens, synthetic colours.
- Safety Information: keep it out of reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. For external use only.
- It is formulated with the combination of zinc oxide, soothing oils, rich emollients and also rich plant extracts best suited for sensitive skin.
- Formation of long-lasting and thick barrier that shields the baby’s skin from the irritating substances.
- It is hypoallergenic and can be used regularly to prevent and heal rashes.
- It protects the baby from diaper wetness and the emollients frequently hydrate the skin to avoid flaky skin.
- It is suitable only for mild rashes. For severe rashes, you might have to consult a doctor or use another cream.
- Its fragrance might be problematic to some sensitive babies as it might cause them allergies.
Buyer’s Guide in Choosing the best diaper rash cream in India
Some useful pointers to be kept in mind while selecting an apt diaper rash cream:
- Firstly ensure that your diaper rash cream is free of any toxic chemicals (PAMAS FREE).
- Ensure that your diaper rash cream is free of any synthetic colours, fragrances and other preservatives to avoid allergies.
- It is wise to buy a cream that is dermatologically tested for sensitive skin and any kind of allergies.
- Always select a cream that not only prevents but also heals the rashes in case of any occurrence.
- It should not only include anti-septic and anti-bacterial ingredients but also include apt moisturising agents to prevent chapped skin.
5 Proven tips to avoid diaper rashes:
- Always do a patch test before using a diaper rash cream.
- If compatible, it can be used every time before and after a diaper change. Do check the specifications given for the same.
- Avoid keeping the same diaper for long hours.
- Use gentle wipes which are non-toxic and alcohol-free to clean the diaper area.
- It is also advisable to use lukewarm water to wash the diaper area.
How to prevent baby from diaper rash | Diaper Rash Treatment
FAQ related to best diaper rash cream in India
1. Can the diaper rash cream be used before every diaper change?
This depends on the personal choice of the mother and the brand used. Some brands specifically design the product to be used for healing purposes only whereas some brands design the cream to use both as preventing and healing means. If your cream is of the latter type you can use the cream liberally before and after a diaper change.
2. What is the average shelf life of a diaper rash cream?
If unopened, it can be used for three years and if opened, it should be used within a year. The ingredients used also play a role in determining its shelf life.
3. Why buy zinc oxide based diaper rash creams?
Zinc oxide is a mild astringent with antiseptic properties. It is safe when used in medical preparations. It is usually mixed with other ingredients to provide soothing and healing. It is present in concentrations of 10-40 per cent in such creams.
4.Can you apply the diaper rash cream in generous quantities?
Yes, you can use the cream in generous quantities for both prevention and healing the rashes. However, in areas where there are rashes, it is advisable to simply dab the cream without any massage or pressure application as the skin is very fragile.
My Final Pick
I would definitely recommend you Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is the best diaper rash cream in India.
This diaper rash cream has shown positive results in preventing and healing even severe rashes.
This product will not disappoint you and is an ideal choice for baby rashes. Do tell us in the comments below about your choice and feel free to ask any questions.
We are also available on Instagram. Dm us for immediate response.