As a parent, you do feel the need to protect your baby from the mosquito bites and the diseases they can spread.
Some mosquito bites can be fatal, so you should consider mosquito bites as a problem to be dealt with.
Here comes the need of mosquito repellent sprays, gels, creams or roll on. They help in keeping the mosquito away from the baby and keep them safe.
As a parent, you need to choose the best mosquito repellent for your baby.
I have evaluated the top 7 best mosquito repellent for babies in India to keep your baby safe and protected from the mosquitos and insects.
List of the best mosquito repellent for babies in India:
|Best mosquito repellent for babies||Buy on Amazon||Brand||Age Group|
|1. The Moms Co. Mosquito Repellent||Check on Amazon||The Moms Co.||6 months & up|
|2. Goodknight Mosquito Repellent||Check on Amazon||Goodknight||2 months & up|
|3. Mamaearth Anti Mosquito Roll On||Check on Amazon||Mamaearth||0 – 2 months|
|4. Dabur Odomos Mosquito Repellent||Check on Amazon||Dabur||3 months & up|
|5. Mamaearth Mosquito Repellent Gel||Check on Amazon||Mamaearth||0 months & up|
|6. Mother Sparsh Insect Repellent||Check on Amazon||Mother Sparsh||3 months & up|
|7. LuvLap Mosquito Repellent||Check on Amazon||LuvLap||0-1 years|
The Moms Co. Mosquito Repellent Spray is extremely safe and Australia Allergen Certified so as to keep the baby safe.
This mosquito repellent spray is free from toxins and other harmful chemicals that could cause harm to the baby.
It is made free from Mineral Oil, Sulphates (SLS, SLES), Parabens, DEA/TEA, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fragrances and PEG.
Key Features of best mosquito repellent for babies in India
- Ingredients: Citronella Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Soyabean Oil and Cedarwood Oil
- Age Recommended: 6 months and up
- Product Dimensions: 4.1 x 4.1 x 16.3 cm
- Product Weight: 110g
- The product contains 100 % natural plant based ingredients and protects the baby against dengue, malaria and chikungunya.
- The organic Apricot Oil and Avocado Oil nourishes the dry skin and keeps it moisturized for a longer time.
- The organic Rice Bran Oil helps in hydrating and protecting the skin with many vitamins & minerals.
- This mosquito repellant is made with a formula that is DEET-Free.
- I haven’t found any noteworthy cons for this product.
The Goodknight Mosquito Repellent Fabric Roll On is made up of 100 % natural ingredients to keep the baby’s safety first.
It is safe for children and could be applied on the baby’s prams, cots and strollers.
The non-staining formula of this fabric roll no protects the baby from mosquitos for about 8 hours.
- Ingredients: Citronella Oil, Eucalyptus Oil
- Ingredients Free: Plastic
- Age Recommended: 2 months and up
- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 5 x 18.1 cm
- Product Weight: 10g
- The product consists of pure citronella and eucalyptus oil.
- It protects the baby from all kind of mosquitoes and diseases like dengue, malaria chikungunya, and many more for about 8 hours.
- Apply the mosquito repellent on the baby’s clothes to protect it outside.
- The odor is very strong and can be problematic.
The Mamaearth Anti Mosquito Roll On is 100% safe for the baby and is blended with oils like the Citronella, Eucalyptus and Lemongrass.
This mosquito repellent provides up to 8 hours of indoor as well as outdoor protection to the baby.
It does not contain any harmful ingredients like DEET and Alcohol.
- Age Recommended: 0 – 2 months
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 18 x 18 cm
- Product Weight: 10g
- Applying 5 drops of this non-staining fabric roll on clothes and pram of your baby will protect it from the mosquito bites.
- It protects against mosquitos and diseases caused by them like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya.
- It is made of Citronella Oil, Eucalyptus oil and Lemongrass Oil and is free from DEET and Alcohol.
- Doesn’t work as actively and efficiently as promised.
- You and your baby may not like the smell of this product.
The Dabur Odomos Mosquito Repellent cream has the goodness of natural Citronella oil and Aloe Vera.
It is a clinically tested cream to keep the baby safe.
This cream does not kill or knock down mosquitoes using the poisonous chemicals.
- Ingredients: Citronella Oil, Aloe Vera
- Age Recommended: 3 months and up
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 3.4 x 4.4 cm
- Product Weight: 100g
- This cream provide up to 12 hours of protection to the baby from the mosquito bites.
- It masks the body odor of the humans that they emits and makes them virtually invisible to mosquitoes.
- It protects the baby against the Culex, Aedes and Anopheles mosquitoes and from diseases such as Dengue, Chikungunya and Malaria.
- Can be allergic to sensitive skin, make sure your baby is not allergic to this product before applying fully.
- This product is not as effective as expected.
The Mamaearth Mosquito Repellent Gel is a dermatologically tested product.
This gel is free from harmful ingredients like DEET, SLES, PEG, insecticides, mineral oil or parabens.
This mosquito repellent gel helps in providing up to 8 hours of indoor as well as outdoor protection to the baby.
- Age Recommended: 0 months and up
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 10 cm
- Product Weight: 300g
- This gel is safe even when the baby ingest it accidently.
- It protects the baby against diseases like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya.
- It protects as well as moisturizing the baby’s sensitive skin.
- According to many customers, this gel is inefficient in protecting the baby against mosquitos.
- The content in the tube is very less than expected.
The Mother Sparsh Insect Repellent spray is a dermatologically certified product.
It is safe for the babies and protect them against the mosquito bites.
It is free from DEET, Parabens and Phthalates.
- Age Recommended: 3 months and up
- Product Dimensions: 4.1 x 12 x 4.1 cm
- Product Weight: 100g
- This spray should be sprayed on the exposed part of body except face and also on the clothes, room and play area.
- It is made free from harmful chemicals like DEET, Parabens and Phthalates.
- It protects the baby from fleas, mosquitos and ants.
- Some customers complained about the poor protection of the spray.
- This mosquito repellant doesn’t deliver value to money.
The LuvLap Mosquito Repellent Patch is 100% naturally made without any harmful chemicals.
It provides up to 12 hour protection to the baby from the mosquitos.
It is made free from DEET, Transfluthrin, DEB and toxic chemicals.
- Age Recommended: 0 – 1 years
- Product Dimensions:11.2 x 8.1 x 1.5 cm
- Product Weight: 80g
- This product is non toxic in nature and is made from plant based oils.
- It is made up with the goodness of Citronella, Lemongrass and Eucalyptus oil.
- It effectively sticks on clothes or any dry surface near baby like crib, cot and strollers.
- The quality of adhesive is not good.
- The duration of protection is very less.
- Doesn’t deliver value to money.
Buyers Guide for Choosing the best mosquito repellent for babies in India
It is advised to parents to check the ingredients of the mosquito repellent before purchasing. It should be safe, harmless and gentle on the baby’s skin.
Avoid using products that contain DEET, parabens or any other toxic chemical.
The repellent should be made of natural oils.
Precautions to be taken while using the best mosquito repellent for babies
It is very important to keep the following points in mind while using a baby mosquito repellent or the baby.
- Avoid applying repellent on eyes and mouth and apply sparingly around ears.
- Don’t apply repellent on cuts, wounds or irritated skin.
- Spray the repellent in the open areas in order to avoid breathing them in.
Keep these points in mind and you will find your baby safe and comfortable.
FAQ regarding best mosquito repellent for babies
Can mosquito repellent be used on infants?
Try avoiding the use of mosquito repellent on babies less than 2 months of age.
Is DEET free mosquito repellent effective?
Yes, they are effective in protecting children against mosquitos.
How do you keep mosquitoes away from the baby?
You can use mosquito nets or use mosquito repellent sprays, gels, roll on and creams on baby and their clothes.
My Final Pick
After evaluating all the above-mentioned products based on the reviews, ratings and features they have, I would suggest you to go for The Moms Co. Mosquito Repellent.
It is the best mosquito repellent for babies in India according to my analysis.
It is free from DEET, parabens and other toxic chemicals and is made from the goodness of natural oils.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment.
We are also on Instagram. Direct message us for immediate response.